Austin K-9 Xpress is a club run solely by volunteers, and our members are expected to contribute in a meaningful way to the club. Some examples of how our members contribute include:
- Doing field maintenance, like pulling weeds, mowing, or changing lightbulbs
- Doing equipment maintenance, like repair work or painting
- Volunteering at trials and events by making food, taking photos, or working at the event
- Technical support, like updating our website and wiki pages
- Serving on a board position like secretary or treasurer
Our members are also expected to attend club meetings regularly, since business cannot be voted on if enough members don’t vote.
Non-members can train at our field for up to 4 months before deciding whether or not to become a member.
If you would prefer a location to simply attend classes and don’t need field access outside of class time or if you don’t want to contribute as a club member, we can recommend some private trainers in the greater Austin area. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or need information.